Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Jewelry Find of the Week - Fabulous Poured Art Glass Brooch

I just adore vintage jewelry with unusual glass stones. When I first discovered this lovely pin, I thought for sure that it was an authentic D & E Juliana style. I submitted it to the Juliana Verification site, but alas, it's not one of theirs.

Nevertheless, the pin is extraordinary and has many of the Juliana design techniques and the stores are definitely on the unusual style, for sure.

The brooch is a layered style in a goldtone riveted back setting. The bottom layer consists of five pale green flowered art glass cabochons in bezel settings which are surrounded by a scalloped edging with medium green prong set rhinestones. I've never seen stones quite like these.

The next layer has five offset fruit salad glass marquis cabochons and more green rhinestones, and the center rises to a single dark green prong set chaton. The combination is so lovely and intricate.

This pin is my"vintage jewelry find of the week" and is available at my Ruby Lane Store - The Finishing Touch Vintage Jewelry. The price is $89 and you can even make me a reasonable offer if you would like to try and snag it for less.

No comments:

Post a Comment